Preparing a prenatal hospital bag is an important part of getting ready for the arrival of your baby. Here are some must-have items to include in your bag:
- Comfortable clothing: Pack loose, comfortable clothing to wear during your hospital stay. This could include a nursing or maternity bra, loose-fitting pajamas, and a comfortable robe or sweater.
- Personal hygiene items: Pack your toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, and any other personal hygiene items you may need during your stay.
- Nursing pads: If you plan on breastfeeding, pack some nursing pads to prevent leaks.
- Baby clothes: Pack several onesies, sleepers, and hats for your baby to wear during their hospital stay.
- Diapers and wipes: Pack plenty of diapers and wipes for your baby.
- Blankets: Pack a few soft blankets to keep your baby warm and cozy.
- Snacks and drinks: Pack some snacks and drinks to keep you energized during labor and delivery.
- Phone charger: Don’t forget to pack a phone charger so you can stay connected with family and friends.
- Camera: Pack a camera to capture those first precious moments with your baby.
- Important documents: Bring your insurance information, identification, and any other important documents you may need during your hospital stay.
It’s also a good idea to have your partner or support person pack a bag with their own essentials, such as comfortable clothing, snacks, and toiletries.
When to prepare your hospital bag
Some moms will start the preparation for what needs to be packed in their hospital bag around week 28. Week 28 in pregnancy brings the arrival of the third trimester.
Other Prenatal Bag Preparation Resources
Looking for more details on what should be packed in your hospital bag prior to delivery? Check out this blog by Mom Junction.
Thinking about getting a last minute ultrasound before baby’s born? Check out Peeping Moms Last Peep Ultrasound service when you are 36+ weeks to see who baby will look like.